Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jet Airways Cancellation Woes!

If you pay by credit card for an air ticket while booking online, isn't it natural if you expect that on cancellation they will credit back the refund on the same card? Sounds simple enough, it does work that way for many Airline companies in India and Indian Railways (IRCTC).

However, the country's biggest airline Jet Airways wants the customers to really "earn back" their money. I recently had the experience of cancelling a Jet Airways ticket - I called them up and requested for a cancellation. I was given a "cancellation code" and was promised that the cancellation would take effect. Waited for three weeks and then casually checked my credit card statement but there was still no refund. When I called them again, they said I had to physically take my credit card to a Jet Airways counter to really receive the refund (they didn't bother to tell me this at the time of cancellation). Now, foolishly expecting that my credit card and photo ID would be sufficient, I made a trip to the Jet airways counter at the airport. They located my record fine but just went on to say like a goverment office that they need a full copy of the itiernerary, cancellation code etc. to be able to refund the money on the card.

I then sent a mail to info@jetairways.com explaining the situation and asking them to refund the money. No reply for 3 business days! I then resent the mail. I got two different responses the next day - one response said it was not possible to do this over e-mail while the other response promised to refund the amount. I natuarally responded to the second mail and the process is still on-going. Hopefully will get back my refund this week.

What's the use of online booking if they can't do a simple credit transaction to my credit card on a cancellation? IRCTC rocks, by the way.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Keshav Ram Narla said...

I agree with you. Their cancellation policy is very bad. But my bigger woes are with cleartrip.com. It started when I accidentally clicked the cancellation link and my entire booking was canceled, without a confirmation page.

I have blogged about it and trying to fight it. http://www.keshavnarla.com/2008/05/cleartripcom-good-communication-channel.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home