Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Citibank and WIPL take customes for a ride in their "Fly For Sure offer"

Citibank India ran an offer towards the end of 2005 - if you spend more than Rs. 30,000 using their credit/debit card, they promised a free flight ticket for one person anywhere within India.

I got the voucher form in sometime January and dutifully filled it up (they charge extra for taxes and processing charges) indicating three dates in April and three destinations, in order of preference. Didn't hear from them/WIPL(the organization they outsourced it to) until yesterday where I was told that April and May are all filled up and only June is available. They asked me to start on a Monday and return by Friday. I wanted a date in April or May so I said I will call them back and was given a "toll-free" number 19012334136 which apparently is toll-free for both the caller and the receiver. Reason: it just doesn't seem to exist.

The whole thing seems to be a farce: read details at: http://solzaire.livejournal.com/69913.html.

If anybody did really receive their tickets through this scheme, would love to hear from them :)

Also check out http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Citibank_Credit_Card-94186- 1.html.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The FLY FOR SURE offer from Citibank doesn't work. Never heard of WIPL and their number never works. Citibank does not respond properly on online queries regarding this offer. I haven't received a single call or any form of information update from either Citibank or WIPL. I sent my forms in January, asking for dates starting 30 march. Poor show by Citibank.
Ambar J

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I faced the same problem , so checked up Wunderman India Pvt Ltd address at website , then called them up , they informed me deal between WIPL and Citibank is off and I should call up Citibank any local call centre no. directly.

I did , and got the ticket.

In any case , for any problem with the Bank , you can complaint at the following :-

Department of Banking Supervision
Reserve Bank of India
Sansad Marg , New Delhi-110001

It is very effective believe me. I have straightened Citibank on more than one occassion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home